This scotch eggs brunch recipe by The Body Coach is delicious and so quick and easy to make.
- 120g salmon fillet, chopped into pieces
- ½ tsp paprika
- Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Flour, to dust
- 25g pine nuts, blitzed to crumbs
- 130g green vegetables or a good handful of salad leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (fan 180°C, gas mark 5) and put a pan of water on the boil.
- Carefully drop the egg into the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes is up, drain the egg and run it under cold water for 5 minutes to stop it cooking.
- While the egg is cooking, blitz the salmon in the food processor until it’s evenly blended, tip into a bowl and mix through the paprika, parsley and dill. Stick this mixture in the fridge to chill slightly.
- Peel the boiled egg and give it a dust with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Lay the salmon mixture out flat in the palm of your hand, then carefully mould the mixture around the egg. Once it’s evenly covered, press it to make a nice scotch egg shape.
- Now arrange three bowls, one with the flour, one with the beaten egg white and one with the ground pine nuts.
- Roll your scotch egg in the flour, tapping off any excess. Repeat this process with the egg white then finally the pine nuts, making sure the egg is evenly covered with the nut mixture.
- Line a tray with baking parchment and put your scotch egg in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and has crisped up nicely.
- Serve it along with some green vegetables or salad leaves.